« Another Hollywood Insider Caught With Hand in the Cookie Jar |
| Mobile Phone Maker LG Clashes with Korean RIAA over MP3 Phone »
March 17, 2004
Sharing Creativity: BNL & RvB
James @ LawMeme:
The Barenaked Ladies and Red vs. Blue have teamed up: at their live concerts, the Ladies are showing two exclusive machinima videos from the Red vs. Blue folks.
It's a neat triple play. Bungie encourages people to make videos using their Halo game engine and gets back great promotional exposure for the game. Red vs. Blue enlists the services of a major band in getting new fans and selling their compilation DVDs. And the Barenaked Ladies get an additional draw to their live shows: something not available anywhere else. File this one under "new horizons in clever business models."
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: IP Use
- RELATED ENTRIES
- The Story of the Beginning of the Digital Revolution
- Amazon Strikes Another Deal That Is Good for Amazon
- Let's Try a More Rational Legal Approach to 3D Printing Law
- Who Really Owns The Librarian of Congress?
- It's a Cartel, Not a Class (Action)
- When A Lawyer Isn't Enough, Get an IP Lawyer
- Nintendo Decides It Can Own Fans' YouTube Content
- Compulsive Looking and (Lack of) Copyrights At Museums