« Music Format Shifting to be Legal in NZ |
| Crawford on the Broadcast Flag »
March 23, 2004
Birds of a Feather Volokh Together?
"Cypherpunk," a frequent poster on copyright-related weblogs, has the following to say in a response to Jason's announcement about the new Copyfight over @ LawGeek:
"I'm skeptical that you'll be debating, at least not with each other, kenetically or otherwise. You guys are a group mind. Have you ever disagreed with [eachother] on any issue?"
Jason's response was to point out that he and Ernie disagree all the time about IP issues and peer-to-peer technology, but often in private--and that this is part of the reason why he thinks Copyfight will make for an interesting, more public discussion space.
Ernie himself then posted a reply: "Cypherpunk, I'm surprised at you. You know I march to my own drummer and frequently criticize the position of EFF, for example."
As did Wendy: "Ernie and Jason are wrong. We always agree on everything."
On a serious note, we do expect to have respectful debate here--the kind that helps us to clarify our own positions as well as to gain perspective on the "other side" of a particular issue. Beyond that, we hope you (Cypherpunk and others) weigh in as well.
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: Misc.
- RELATED ENTRIES
- If It's Not One Clause It's Another
- At the End of this Hypothetical Day I Might Be Destroyed
- Belgian Court Acquits Pirate Bay Founders
- Sometimes Saying Nothing is Saying Something
- Europeans Make Really Stupid Copyright Decisions, Too
- Dogs Now Fight in Slightly Cleaner Pit (Thanks, Amazon)
- Future of Music Summit 2015 this October
- Licensing Doesn't Outlive Patents