« Music Format Shifting to be Legal in NZ |
| Crawford on the Broadcast Flag »
March 23, 2004
Birds of a Feather Volokh Together?
"Cypherpunk," a frequent poster on copyright-related weblogs, has the following to say in a response to Jason's announcement about the new Copyfight over @ LawGeek:
"I'm skeptical that you'll be debating, at least not with each other, kenetically or otherwise. You guys are a group mind. Have you ever disagreed with [eachother] on any issue?"
Jason's response was to point out that he and Ernie disagree all the time about IP issues and peer-to-peer technology, but often in private--and that this is part of the reason why he thinks Copyfight will make for an interesting, more public discussion space.
Ernie himself then posted a reply: "Cypherpunk, I'm surprised at you. You know I march to my own drummer and frequently criticize the position of EFF, for example."
As did Wendy: "Ernie and Jason are wrong. We always agree on everything."
On a serious note, we do expect to have respectful debate here--the kind that helps us to clarify our own positions as well as to gain perspective on the "other side" of a particular issue. Beyond that, we hope you (Cypherpunk and others) weigh in as well.
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: Misc.
- RELATED ENTRIES
- Oh and by the Way
- Tor Sees No Increase In Illegal Copies After One Year DRM-Free
- Free Publication on "Seismic Shift" in CA Copyright Law
- EFF Challenges Bad Patent Filings - But There's a Bigger Issue
- Video Game Development Game Ironic Piracy
- British Photo Copyright Orphans' Concern
- Mike Masnick Curb-Stomps Jaron Lanier
- Microsoft Appears Ready to Relent on Xbox DRM