« Nashville Songwriters Lament Their Dying Profession |
| Wish I Were There »
March 28, 2004
Larry Flynt, Poster-Child for the PIRATE Act
Fellow Copyfight-er Ernest Miller points out that Orrin Hatch-of-the-opportunistic-anti-porn-invective appears to have forgotten that pornographers are copyright holders, too. And that the proposed PIRATE Act, then, makes them very odd...bedfellows.
Frank Field, disgusted at the recording industry's latest "solution" to a problem it's "too lazy to put real thought into solving," takes Ernie's observation to the next logical step: "Maybe we can ask Larry Flynt to call a press conference to thank Senators Hatch and Leahy for their efforts? Any other pornographers out there who would make excellent poster children for this initiative?"
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: Laws and Regulations
- RELATED ENTRIES
- Sometimes Saying Nothing is Saying Something
- Europeans Make Really Stupid Copyright Decisions, Too
- Dogs Now Fight in Slightly Cleaner Pit (Thanks, Amazon)
- Future of Music Summit 2015 this October
- Licensing Doesn't Outlive Patents
- General Song Similarity Enough in the 4th
- Avoiding the Simple Binary
- Stupid Lawyer Tricks, Streisand Effect Edition