« Nashville Songwriters Lament Their Dying Profession |
| Wish I Were There »
March 28, 2004
Larry Flynt, Poster-Child for the PIRATE Act
Fellow Copyfight-er Ernest Miller points out that Orrin Hatch-of-the-opportunistic-anti-porn-invective appears to have forgotten that pornographers are copyright holders, too. And that the proposed PIRATE Act, then, makes them very odd...bedfellows.
Frank Field, disgusted at the recording industry's latest "solution" to a problem it's "too lazy to put real thought into solving," takes Ernie's observation to the next logical step: "Maybe we can ask Larry Flynt to call a press conference to thank Senators Hatch and Leahy for their efforts? Any other pornographers out there who would make excellent poster children for this initiative?"
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: Laws and Regulations
- RELATED ENTRIES
- CBS to HBO: Wait for Us!
- Sometime Next Year, HBO Will Become Netflix
- OpenMedia vs the TPP
- CopyrightX 2015 (online course) Now Open
- College Students vs Rising Textbook Prices
- "Amazon is crowdsourcing their slush pile"
- Rule 84 and Patent Trolls
- Sports Continue to Tiptoe Away from Cable Monopolies