« Copyright Education Done Right |
| Support Our Troops: Legalize Music Sharing »
April 13, 2004
PK's Gigi Sohn on how the FCC is screwing Up digital media
Public Knowledge President Gigi Sohn has a great Op-Ed in CNet today (FCC is taking wrong turn on digital media). A must read:
Forty years ago, there was a scary TV show called "The Outer Limits."
The show started with the narrator's words: "We can reduce the focus to a soft blur, or sharpen it to crystal clarity. We will control the horizontal. We will control the vertical. For the next hour, sit quietly and we will control all that you see and hear."
Who knew that today the Federal Communications Commission would be trying to turn that sci-fi introduction into a regulatory reality? Not only is the commission considering rules that would result in the digital television picture from reaching its full, sparkling potential, but the FCC also is considering defining where, when and with what rights consumers can use digital media.
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: Laws and Regulations
- RELATED ENTRIES
- If It's Not One Clause It's Another
- At the End of this Hypothetical Day I Might Be Destroyed
- Belgian Court Acquits Pirate Bay Founders
- Sometimes Saying Nothing is Saying Something
- Europeans Make Really Stupid Copyright Decisions, Too
- Dogs Now Fight in Slightly Cleaner Pit (Thanks, Amazon)
- Future of Music Summit 2015 this October
- Licensing Doesn't Outlive Patents