« There, That's Better |
| Bravo Zulu »
June 21, 2004
Fair Use in Education: Point/Counterpoint
Michael Geist with the latest update on copyright reform in Canada, in which Toronto-area MP Sarmite Bulte is quoted as saying that exceptions to copyright law for educational purposes lead only to "freebies."
A posse of fair users at Knowledge Held Hostage, a conference held this past Friday exploring "how concerns about copyright and confusion about or threats regarding fair use [have] derailed (or threatened to derail) important scholarly work."
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: Big Thoughts
- RELATED ENTRIES
- What Should Copyright Look Like Now?
- The FCC Lost, not Net Neutrality
- MPHJ Exposed
- FCC Loses Again, and It's Their Own Damned Fault
- Aereo Case Gets to SCOTUS
- Fox Gets Henhouse Membership
- There is (Still) a Hole in Your Mind
- An Artist's Take on American Classism