« Hiawatha Misunderstands Again |
| Amazing Grace - the MST3K Definition »
June 29, 2004
RIAA Wooing California District Attorneys with Free Drinks, CD give-aways
According to P2Pnet and the California District Attorney Association's website, the RIAA is throwing quite a party this Thursday at the DA's yearly convention:
Reception and Awards & Installation Banquet (Thursday, July 1 5:30 p.m.)
- The Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) is hosting the banquet reception. Banquet attendees will receive two complimentary drinks and be entered into the drawings for free CDs!
- The 2004-05 CDAA Officers and Board of Directors will be installed at the banquet following the presentation of the annual awards.
Now why would the RIAA be wooing California District Attorneys? Could it be in anticipation of them using AB2735 to criminally convict file-sharers for failing to identify themselves when they swap on P2P networks? I mean after all, they did buy two complimentary drinks for each of them and the possibility of wining a free CD!
But let us not worry. I'm sure that these fine public representatives will not let such blatant pandering influence their unfettered prosecutorial discretion and priorities when deciding which crimes to spend our tax dollars fighting in California. No, really.
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: IP Abuse
- RELATED ENTRIES
- Stageit Helps Artists Play for Fans, for a Price
- Kickstarter to Pay the Musicians
- Shortening the Long Tail
- Washington Post Surprised by Obvious Actions
- Is Pop Music Holding You Hostage?
- Beasties, Toys, and Fair Use
- Contract Royalties Plummet, Concert Income Grows
- MSF to TPP: Stop Attacking Access to Lifesaving Medicines