« Fair Use It or Lose It |
| Will Someone Please Think of the Pornographers? »
July 8, 2004
EFF's Top Ten Patents That Shouldn't Be Granted
- Streaming video
- Voice over IP
- Automatically-assigned domain names (e.g. yournamehere.livejournal.com)
- Online tests
- Intelligent email autoresponders
- Live concert recording
- Network gaming
- Barcode lookup
- Nintendo emulation
- Storing music
They're looking for law students, prior art searchers, patent attorneys, and technologists interested in helping bust the patents. Of course, if you have examples of prior art, you can submit that too. And if you're affected by the patent, you can can donate some cash or sign up for updates.
Help stop them!
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: IP Abuse
- RELATED ENTRIES
- Who Made That Music?
- This is More Like Going Steady
- Counting E-Book Sales is a Dark Art
- Or You Could Double Down on Being an Idiot
- Results Not Typical
- What Do You Do When You Discover You're a Copyright Thief?
- A Difference between Content and Carrier
- Nintendo Rolls Out Terrible Deal for YouTubers