« eBay Quietly Tests Facilitating Sales of Digital Downloads |
| NET Caucus Posts H.R. 107/DMCA Event Webcast »
July 16, 2004
Audible Magic Only ...an Illusion of Security?
The debate on DRM technology Audible Magic's CopySense continues, with Ed Felten adding his thoughts to Chris Palmer's and Ernest's. Felten wonders if it isn't even possible to defeat CopySense without resorting to encryption. "It may turn out -- and I suspect it would, if independent experts were able to study Audible Magic's technology -- that copyrighted music files could be tweaked in a way that made them undetectable to Audible Magic's algorithms, while still sounding fine to typical human listeners." Ah, the hand is quicker than the eye.
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: Tech
- RELATED ENTRIES
- Everything You Need to Know About Doing a Kickstarter
- Is Patent Valuation a Leading Indicator of Trolls' Demise?
- Free Music in a Capitalist Society
- Art & Law in Chicago
- Compare and Contrast Approaches to the DMCA
- CBS to HBO: Wait for Us!
- Sometime Next Year, HBO Will Become Netflix
- OpenMedia vs the TPP