« eBay Quietly Tests Facilitating Sales of Digital Downloads |
| NET Caucus Posts H.R. 107/DMCA Event Webcast »
July 16, 2004
Audible Magic Only ...an Illusion of Security?
The debate on DRM technology Audible Magic's CopySense continues, with Ed Felten adding his thoughts to Chris Palmer's and Ernest's. Felten wonders if it isn't even possible to defeat CopySense without resorting to encryption. "It may turn out -- and I suspect it would, if independent experts were able to study Audible Magic's technology -- that copyrighted music files could be tweaked in a way that made them undetectable to Audible Magic's algorithms, while still sounding fine to typical human listeners." Ah, the hand is quicker than the eye.
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: Tech
- RELATED ENTRIES
- Lest You Had Any Doubts, the ALA is on the Right Side Again
- Deadly Effects of Unaffordable Medicines (TPP)
- Planet Money on the Case Against Patents
- FMC + Musicians vs FCC on Net Neutrality
- Be the Potato Salad
- These Businesses and Corporations are Not Your Friends
- Aereo Loses
- When Politics and Copyright Collide