« Bush Backs Fair Use |
| Copyright Term Cheat Sheet »
July 16, 2004
Copyfight's Guide to LawMeme's Guide...
James Grimmelmann @ LawMeme has a post demonstrating the sheer prolific magnitude of Ernest Miller's writing on the Act formerly known as the Induce Act, adding a few well chosen words of his own:
His coverage matters to lawyers, techies, copyfighters, and consumers. That is, everyone. Ignore it at your peril. The IICA is one of the most dangerously misguided and malicious pieces of technology legislation to rear its ugly head in the last decade. Ernie's obsessively detailed articles are a powerful indictment of a bad idea. I have only one thing to add to what Ernie is saying: an index.
Here's one more: No matter what we say about the Induce Act, it could still pass. If you don't like that idea, take a few minutes to tell your senator why
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: IP Abuse
- RELATED ENTRIES
- That Sound You Hear is the Anti-Neutrality Dam Breaking
- Having (Mostly) Failed with Authors, Amazon Makes a Pitch for the Readers
- And No Kill Switches, Either
- Uncle Amazon Knows What's Best for You (and Itself)
- Muddying the Natural (Patent) Waters
- Congress Restores Bulk Unlock Rights
- When is a Game a Clone?