« Bush Backs Fair Use |
| Copyright Term Cheat Sheet »
July 16, 2004
Copyfight's Guide to LawMeme's Guide...
James Grimmelmann @ LawMeme has a post demonstrating the sheer prolific magnitude of Ernest Miller's writing on the Act formerly known as the Induce Act, adding a few well chosen words of his own:
His coverage matters to lawyers, techies, copyfighters, and consumers. That is, everyone. Ignore it at your peril. The IICA is one of the most dangerously misguided and malicious pieces of technology legislation to rear its ugly head in the last decade. Ernie's obsessively detailed articles are a powerful indictment of a bad idea. I have only one thing to add to what Ernie is saying: an index.
Here's one more: No matter what we say about the Induce Act, it could still pass. If you don't like that idea, take a few minutes to tell your senator why
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: IP Abuse
- RELATED ENTRIES
- Stageit Helps Artists Play for Fans, for a Price
- Kickstarter to Pay the Musicians
- Shortening the Long Tail
- Washington Post Surprised by Obvious Actions
- Is Pop Music Holding You Hostage?
- Beasties, Toys, and Fair Use
- Contract Royalties Plummet, Concert Income Grows
- MSF to TPP: Stop Attacking Access to Lifesaving Medicines