« Hollywood (Finally) Turns on TiVo |
| Listening to the Induce Act »
July 22, 2004
Is Your Computer a Loaded Gun?
Siva Vaidhyanthan in today's Salon, on the Induce Act: "While industry lobbyists swear they would go only after the proprietors of peer-to-peer services, they don't have much credibility. After all, they have already taken the makers of videorecorders and MP3 players to court. Why wouldn't they do all they could to fix other technologies to behave as they wish?"
Speaking of which, today is the hearing. Be sure to stay tuned to Importance Of... for the latest.
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: Laws and Regulations
- RELATED ENTRIES
- A Smaller Piece of a Much Bigger Market
- Jim Hines' Writing Income
- Cory Doctorow Would Like You to Know About Downpour
- Too Many Words, Not Enough Readers
- Yeah, No Thanks Toast & Butter
- Apple I Reaches CAFC
- Macmillan Pretends It Can Plug Analog Hole
- Pomplamoose is Still Making It