« On Fair Use and Politics |
| Bravo »
July 26, 2004
Rip, Mix, Sue
The NY Post reports that Apple is threatening a lawsuit against upstart music video channel Fuse for ads that parody Apple's silhouettes campaign (Apple Blows Fuse Over Ads). Unlike the happy music listeners in Apple's ads, these ads reportedly feature people doing beer bongs, pole dancing and masturbating. Some iPod owners are reportedly furious as well, which is no surprise considering the
rabid devotion strong affection many Mac and iPod owners have for Apple.
UPDATE 1050 PT
Gizmodo now has hi-def versions of all the (somewhat offensive) ads (Apple Parody Fuse Ads).
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: IP Abuse
- RELATED ENTRIES
- That Sound You Hear is the Anti-Neutrality Dam Breaking
- Having (Mostly) Failed with Authors, Amazon Makes a Pitch for the Readers
- And No Kill Switches, Either
- Uncle Amazon Knows What's Best for You (and Itself)
- Muddying the Natural (Patent) Waters
- Congress Restores Bulk Unlock Rights
- When is a Game a Clone?