« On Fair Use and Politics |
| Bravo »
July 26, 2004
Rip, Mix, Sue
The NY Post reports that Apple is threatening a lawsuit against upstart music video channel Fuse for ads that parody Apple's silhouettes campaign (Apple Blows Fuse Over Ads). Unlike the happy music listeners in Apple's ads, these ads reportedly feature people doing beer bongs, pole dancing and masturbating. Some iPod owners are reportedly furious as well, which is no surprise considering the
rabid devotion strong affection many Mac and iPod owners have for Apple.
UPDATE 1050 PT
Gizmodo now has hi-def versions of all the (somewhat offensive) ads (Apple Parody Fuse Ads).
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: IP Abuse
- RELATED ENTRIES
- What Should Copyright Look Like Now?
- The FCC Lost, not Net Neutrality
- MPHJ Exposed
- FCC Loses Again, and It's Their Own Damned Fault
- Aereo Case Gets to SCOTUS
- Fox Gets Henhouse Membership
- There is (Still) a Hole in Your Mind
- An Artist's Take on American Classism