« On Fair Use and Politics |
| Bravo »
July 26, 2004
Rip, Mix, Sue
The NY Post reports that Apple is threatening a lawsuit against upstart music video channel Fuse for ads that parody Apple's silhouettes campaign (Apple Blows Fuse Over Ads). Unlike the happy music listeners in Apple's ads, these ads reportedly feature people doing beer bongs, pole dancing and masturbating. Some iPod owners are reportedly furious as well, which is no surprise considering the
rabid devotion strong affection many Mac and iPod owners have for Apple.
UPDATE 1050 PT
Gizmodo now has hi-def versions of all the (somewhat offensive) ads (Apple Parody Fuse Ads).
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: IP Abuse
- RELATED ENTRIES
- Does Sampling Promote Sales (the Girl Talk example)
- Who Knew There Was An Institute of Scrap Recycling Industries?
- Self-Publishing is Work
- The Day One Garry's Incident Incident
- Will Piracy Data Tell Us Anything?
- Creative Commons on Copyright Reform
- Is the Chinese (Corporate) Approach to IP Changing?
- Aereo Staves Off Preliminary Injunctions