« And You Thought Region-Coding Was Only for DVDs |
| A New Kind of Induce Act »
January 18, 2005
A New Kind of Civil Disobedience
Civil rights leader Lawrence Guyot, quoted over at Daily Kos: "I would call upon everyone who has access to 'Eyes on the Prize' to openly violate any and all laws regarding its showing."
The very sad backstory is chronicled here [Globe and Mail] and here [Washington Post; reg. req.]. Also apropos is Daniel Love's Powerful Pictures, the video that recently won first place in the Moving Image contest sponsored by Duke's Center for the Study of the Public Domain.
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: Laws and Regulations
- RELATED ENTRIES
- A Smaller Piece of a Much Bigger Market
- Jim Hines' Writing Income
- Cory Doctorow Would Like You to Know About Downpour
- Too Many Words, Not Enough Readers
- Yeah, No Thanks Toast & Butter
- Apple I Reaches CAFC
- Macmillan Pretends It Can Plug Analog Hole
- Pomplamoose is Still Making It