« "Ready to Share" Conference, Jan. 29 |
| Dr. Alan Wexelblat Joins Copyfight »
January 26, 2005
DHB looking to open our Eyes to the Prize again
Those crazy kids from Downhill Battle are at it agin. They've just announced a nationwide campaign to screen the award-winning documentary Eyes on the Prize in major cities all over the country on February 8 as an act of copyfight civil disobediance:
At 8pm on February 8th we will celebrate the struggle and triumph of the civil rights movement with screenings of Eyes on the Prize Part 1: Awakenings. Eyes on the Prize is the most renowned civil rights documentary of all time; for many people, it is how they first learned about the Civil Rights Movement (more about the film). But this film has not been available on video or television for the past 10 years simply because of expired copyright licenses. We cannot allow copyright red tape to keep this film from the public any longer. So today we are making digital versions of the film available for download. Join us in building a new mass audience for this film: organize or attend a screening in your city, town, school or home on February 8th.
posted by Jason Schultz |
- RELATED ENTRIES
- Is There an Independent "Right of Performance"?
- Did the Director-General of WIPO Steal Employee DNA Samples?
- More Evidence People Don't Learn from the Past
- Phoenix (music) Supports Free Use
- Robo-Papers "Flooding" Academic Conferences
- Apple Appeals
- Who's Taking All That Money?
- Pointing the Troll Finger in the Correct Direction