« Build-in Against the Broadcast Flag Mandate |
| Kill P2P to Save TV? »
January 30, 2005
Myth(TV) Becomes Reality
Here are photos from the HDTV Build-in Wendy announced below, plus the unfortunately titled Steal This Show, an NYT article that reports on how people are racing the clock to create their own fully enabled, 100 per cent legal Me2Me TV before the FCC can stop them:
The build-your-own-TV advocates say they're not looking to steal content; they're just looking for a reasonable amount of flexibility to watch the same recorded program in different rooms, or on the train to work; to lend friends a TV recording the way they used to lend videotapes; to bring the same set of recordings from their city home to their vacation house.
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: Events
- RELATED ENTRIES
- Congress Restores Bulk Unlock Rights
- When is a Game a Clone?
- Subscription Services for Books
- Lest You Had Any Doubts, the ALA is on the Right Side Again
- Deadly Effects of Unaffordable Medicines (TPP)
- Planet Money on the Case Against Patents
- FMC + Musicians vs FCC on Net Neutrality
- Be the Potato Salad