« Information wants to be paid for |
| The DMCA Is to the Eiffel Tower As... »
February 3, 2005
Don't cross the Dell and HP streams
It turns out you can get hosed trying to play cross-region DVDs on Dell and HP computers as well. Props to Monty Solomon for tracking this info down.
From the Dell web site: Be aware that recent DVD players only allow you to change the region a certain number of times (usually five times), and after that the player will be locked into the region you last selected.
From the HP site: The HP DVD Writer can alternate or change playing discs containing different region codes four times. However, when the fifth movie disc with a different region code is played, the HP DVD Writer will be set to whatever region code is contained on that disc. Once set, the HP DVD Writer will not be able to play a disc with any region code other than the one it is set to.
posted by Alan Wexelblat |
- RELATED ENTRIES
- Is There an Independent "Right of Performance"?
- Did the Director-General of WIPO Steal Employee DNA Samples?
- More Evidence People Don't Learn from the Past
- Phoenix (music) Supports Free Use
- Robo-Papers "Flooding" Academic Conferences
- Apple Appeals
- Who's Taking All That Money?
- Pointing the Troll Finger in the Correct Direction