« Free Fiona! |
| Something for Marty »
March 17, 2005
Countdown to the Grokster Showdown
This NYT piece makes a nice companion to the new campaign EFF has just announced: "Countdown to Grokster with EFF." Reports John Markoff:
Some technologists warn that if the court decides in favor of the music and recording industries after hearing arguments in the MGM v. Grokster case on March 29, the ruling could also stifle a proliferating set of new Internet-based services that have nothing to do with the sharing of copyrighted music and movies at issue in the court case.
This case isn't only about filesharing -- a point EFF hopes to underscore by profiling a new Betamax
-protected copying technology every weekday until the Grokster hearing.
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: Laws and Regulations
- RELATED ENTRIES
- Congress Restores Bulk Unlock Rights
- When is a Game a Clone?
- Subscription Services for Books
- Lest You Had Any Doubts, the ALA is on the Right Side Again
- Deadly Effects of Unaffordable Medicines (TPP)
- Planet Money on the Case Against Patents
- FMC + Musicians vs FCC on Net Neutrality
- Be the Potato Salad