« MAKEing Copyfighters |
| Signal or Noise 2 »
March 18, 2005
Anyone got a stake handy?
Seems we can't be rid of Cartel sock-puppet Hatch quite so easily. As I wrote a bit ago, Republican rules forced Hatch to relinquish the chair's seat on the Senate Judiciary Committee. However, there was widespread speculation - now proved right - that new Chair Specter would create a special subcommittee on intellectual property. Specter needed to do something to rescue himself from his remarks on judicial appointments and he really doesn't care about intellectual property. Hatch does. Or rather, Hatch cares about protecting the monetary interests of the Cartel. His actual concern for creative individuals is doubtful at best.
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: Laws and Regulations
- RELATED ENTRIES
- MSFT to Region-Lock Xbox One on Launch
- Myriad Genetics, One Opinion
- Analyzing Netflix's Economics Misses Netflix's Long Game
- Oh, Yeah, DOJ is Still Suing Apple over E-Books
- Why CNN Makes Lots of Money Despite Sucking
- Microsoft Turns Xbox One into DRM Nanny
- NFB Settles with Free Library of Phila
- The White House vs Patent Trolls - So What?