« Conservative Copyfights |
| Interesting Video re: Software Patents »
April 19, 2005
Someone Hire This Kid
To put it mildly, Justice Antonin Scalia got "more than he bargained for" when he agreed to answer NYU Law students' questions. Student Eric Berndt asked Scalia to explain his dissent in Lawrence v. Texas, the case that overturned Bowers v. Hardwick and struck down sodomy laws. Not satisfied with the answer, Berndt asked Scalia, "Do you sodomize your wife?"
In an open letter (here reprinted as an op-ed in The Nation), Berndt explains his reasoning and why he felt it necessary to engage in what was clearly a hostile form of expression.
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: Speech
- RELATED ENTRIES
- Subscription Services for Books
- Lest You Had Any Doubts, the ALA is on the Right Side Again
- Deadly Effects of Unaffordable Medicines (TPP)
- Planet Money on the Case Against Patents
- FMC + Musicians vs FCC on Net Neutrality
- Be the Potato Salad
- These Businesses and Corporations are Not Your Friends
- Aereo Loses