« French Court Outlaws DRM? |
| Engine vs. Caboose »
April 25, 2005
Fabulous Presentation on Beatallica & Ulrich v. Sony at Signal or Noise
David Dixon, the Webmaster of Puppets for the parody band Beatallica at the Signal or Noise II: Creative Revolution? symposium gives a fabulous presentation (9MB MP3) on the band's legal run-in with Sony over the composition rights to the Beatles songs they parodied and how Lars Ulrich redeemed himself from the dark days of fighting Napster by defending the band's fair use. Check it out.
p.s. Includes a great shout-out to BitTorrent and an afterward by my co-worker Wendy Seltzer.
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: IP Use
- RELATED ENTRIES
- Subscription Services for Books
- Lest You Had Any Doubts, the ALA is on the Right Side Again
- Deadly Effects of Unaffordable Medicines (TPP)
- Planet Money on the Case Against Patents
- FMC + Musicians vs FCC on Net Neutrality
- Be the Potato Salad
- These Businesses and Corporations are Not Your Friends
- Aereo Loses