« Creative Commons Star Wars? |
| Surprise! Students Disagree with Gonzales on File-sharing »
April 29, 2005
Mickey Mouse Joins Public Knowledge
Mickey Mouse has been saved, at least according to these undoctored photos showing the famous mouse hanging out with Public Knowledge president Gigi Sohn in Washington DC (Gigi 'N' Mickey).
In reality, the mouse statues are part of 75 InspEARations, a traveling exhibit of 75 Mickey Mouse statues with various designs. I saw the exhibit when it was at Disney's California Adventure. It was pretty disappointing (the statues, not just DCA). Instead of artists (as in many of the other city-wide statue projects), they were designed by celebrities who generally had no artistic sense and quotidian sensibilities. "Oh, gee, a Mickey Mouse made to look like a Lakers basketball player designed by Shaq." Sad.
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: Humor
- RELATED ENTRIES
- Is There an Independent "Right of Performance"?
- Did the Director-General of WIPO Steal Employee DNA Samples?
- More Evidence People Don't Learn from the Past
- Phoenix (music) Supports Free Use
- Robo-Papers "Flooding" Academic Conferences
- Apple Appeals
- Who's Taking All That Money?
- Pointing the Troll Finger in the Correct Direction