« The Fire This Time |
| Free Culture RFC »
May 26, 2005
Blankenhorn to Hollywood: Stop the Madness!
Brother Dana Blankenhorn throws down the gauntlet in the copyfight; you're either for us or against us (The Way of Hollywood is Madness).
Let's be clear. Al Qaeda and the forces supporting them are Luddites. They aim to take their part of the world back to the Middle Ages. And they aim to take us down to the Middle Ages with them.
The Internet is the greatest weapon we have against tyranny in all its forms, especially this form. Any move against it is a move on behalf of the enemy.
So where do we go from here? I believe that if we don't move toward compromise on copyright we're pulling our own virtual Twin Towers down over our own heads, just to keep the enemy from doing it first.
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: Big Thoughts
- RELATED ENTRIES
- Net Neutrality? Still Could Be Kept
- Hey, Look, E-Books Still Suck
- Makers, Fan Art, Making it Pay
- IP Analogy to Physical Property (in Architecture)
- That Sound You Hear is the Anti-Neutrality Dam Breaking
- Having (Mostly) Failed with Authors, Amazon Makes a Pitch for the Readers
- And No Kill Switches, Either
- Uncle Amazon Knows What's Best for You (and Itself)