« A Little More Bread to Finish the Cheese |
| Free Science in the Public Interest »
June 13, 2005
Your locked-down digital future
Thanks for having me guest-blog at Copyfight for the past week. I'll be traveling this week, and visiting the Berkman Center for the first time.
One note of warning for the months ahead: Keep an eye on cross-industry standards being worked out behind closed doors. Hollywood is pushing hard to require things like "certification" and "renewability" in the next generation of DVD players and other digital devices. The players you own would obey the Hollywood studios' directives, without your even knowing about it.
I paint the grim picture in the latest free excerpt from Darknet.
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: IP Abuse
- RELATED ENTRIES
- Does Sampling Promote Sales (the Girl Talk example)
- Who Knew There Was An Institute of Scrap Recycling Industries?
- Self-Publishing is Work
- The Day One Garry's Incident Incident
- Will Piracy Data Tell Us Anything?
- Creative Commons on Copyright Reform
- Is the Chinese (Corporate) Approach to IP Changing?
- Aereo Staves Off Preliminary Injunctions