« How Microsoft Is Selling Out the Public to Please Hollywood |
| Brother, Can You Spare a Patent License? »
July 27, 2005
You Probably Can't Blog at Wal-Mart Either
A nice explanation of why you can no longer buy the (Pensacola) News-Journal at Wal-Mart anymore. Randy Hammer, the paper's Executive Editor, recounts the ultimatum from a Bob Hart, who apparently represents Wal-Mart in that area. Fire your columnist or lose your rack space. Fortunately, Hammer made what I would consider the right choice.
UPDATE: Florida News Web site WCJB reports that Wal-Mart has backed down. Oops, sorry. Forgot about that whole First Amendment thing there for a bit.
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: Speech
- RELATED ENTRIES
- If It's Not One Clause It's Another
- At the End of this Hypothetical Day I Might Be Destroyed
- Belgian Court Acquits Pirate Bay Founders
- Sometimes Saying Nothing is Saying Something
- Europeans Make Really Stupid Copyright Decisions, Too
- Dogs Now Fight in Slightly Cleaner Pit (Thanks, Amazon)
- Future of Music Summit 2015 this October
- Licensing Doesn't Outlive Patents