« How Microsoft Is Selling Out the Public to Please Hollywood |
| Brother, Can You Spare a Patent License? »
July 27, 2005
You Probably Can't Blog at Wal-Mart Either
A nice explanation of why you can no longer buy the (Pensacola) News-Journal at Wal-Mart anymore. Randy Hammer, the paper's Executive Editor, recounts the ultimatum from a Bob Hart, who apparently represents Wal-Mart in that area. Fire your columnist or lose your rack space. Fortunately, Hammer made what I would consider the right choice.
UPDATE: Florida News Web site WCJB reports that Wal-Mart has backed down. Oops, sorry. Forgot about that whole First Amendment thing there for a bit.
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: Speech
- RELATED ENTRIES
- Stageit Helps Artists Play for Fans, for a Price
- Kickstarter to Pay the Musicians
- Shortening the Long Tail
- Washington Post Surprised by Obvious Actions
- Is Pop Music Holding You Hostage?
- Beasties, Toys, and Fair Use
- Contract Royalties Plummet, Concert Income Grows
- MSF to TPP: Stop Attacking Access to Lifesaving Medicines