« How Microsoft Is Selling Out the Public to Please Hollywood |
| Brother, Can You Spare a Patent License? »
July 27, 2005
You Probably Can't Blog at Wal-Mart Either
A nice explanation of why you can no longer buy the (Pensacola) News-Journal at Wal-Mart anymore. Randy Hammer, the paper's Executive Editor, recounts the ultimatum from a Bob Hart, who apparently represents Wal-Mart in that area. Fire your columnist or lose your rack space. Fortunately, Hammer made what I would consider the right choice.
UPDATE: Florida News Web site WCJB reports that Wal-Mart has backed down. Oops, sorry. Forgot about that whole First Amendment thing there for a bit.
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: Speech
- RELATED ENTRIES
- CBS to HBO: Wait for Us!
- Sometime Next Year, HBO Will Become Netflix
- OpenMedia vs the TPP
- CopyrightX 2015 (online course) Now Open
- College Students vs Rising Textbook Prices
- "Amazon is crowdsourcing their slush pile"
- Rule 84 and Patent Trolls
- Sports Continue to Tiptoe Away from Cable Monopolies