« How Microsoft Is Selling Out the Public to Please Hollywood |
| Brother, Can You Spare a Patent License? »
July 27, 2005
You Probably Can't Blog at Wal-Mart Either
A nice explanation of why you can no longer buy the (Pensacola) News-Journal at Wal-Mart anymore. Randy Hammer, the paper's Executive Editor, recounts the ultimatum from a Bob Hart, who apparently represents Wal-Mart in that area. Fire your columnist or lose your rack space. Fortunately, Hammer made what I would consider the right choice.
UPDATE: Florida News Web site WCJB reports that Wal-Mart has backed down. Oops, sorry. Forgot about that whole First Amendment thing there for a bit.
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: Speech
- RELATED ENTRIES
- MSFT to Region-Lock Xbox One on Launch
- Myriad Genetics, One Opinion
- Analyzing Netflix's Economics Misses Netflix's Long Game
- Oh, Yeah, DOJ is Still Suing Apple over E-Books
- Why CNN Makes Lots of Money Despite Sucking
- Microsoft Turns Xbox One into DRM Nanny
- NFB Settles with Free Library of Phila
- The White House vs Patent Trolls - So What?