« Grokking the 'Ster |
| To DMCA or Not to DMCA - Australia Decides »
August 25, 2005
Free/Open Source Software Law Center Looking to Hire
Want to kick legal butt for the open source/free software community? Check out this new position at the Software Freedom Law Center, run by FSF's Eben Moglan and PubPat's Dan Ravicher:
STAFF ATTORNEY - SOFTWARE AND CORPORATE LAW
The Software Freedom Law Center, a newly formed not-for-profit legal
services organization that provides legal representation and other law
related services to protect and advance Free and Open Source Software,
seeks an experienced and entrepreneurial Staff Attorney with a strong
background in software for its New York headquarters. For more
information about SFLC visit www.softwarefreedom.org.
- Provide clients with software and not-for-profit related legal services.
- Perform other law related services on behalf of the Free and Open Source Software community.
- Two years experience practicing software related copyright, licensing, and corporate law: Applicants should be familiar with the GNU GPL, LGPL, and other Free and Open Source Software licenses.
- Some experience with not-for-profit law, both Federal and State: Applicants should be knowledgeable of the tax exempt status application process.
- Significant computer science education or experience: Applicants should have some programming experience and a strong basic knowledge of software technology.
- Familiarity with Free and Open Source Software: Applicants should have experience using a GNU/Linux distribution and other Free and Open Source Software.
- $95,000+ per year, depending on experience.
- Health and Dental insurance.
- 401k plan with employer matching.
- Paid vacation and holidays.
Contact: Email resumes with "Staff Attorney" in the subject line to ravicher at softwarefreedom dot org. Resumes will be accepted through no other means and resumes submitted in ".doc" or any other non-free or non-open format will not be considered.
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: Announcements
- RELATED ENTRIES
- A Smaller Piece of a Much Bigger Market
- Jim Hines' Writing Income
- Cory Doctorow Would Like You to Know About Downpour
- Too Many Words, Not Enough Readers
- Yeah, No Thanks Toast & Butter
- Apple I Reaches CAFC
- Macmillan Pretends It Can Plug Analog Hole
- Pomplamoose is Still Making It