« Wal-Mart = Copyfighter? |
| When MSM Won't Comply, Control Them (or Beat Them Up) »
September 7, 2005
Waking the Sleeping Giant
Jack Shafer, Slate's editor at large, has a wonderful piece (The Rebellion of the Talking Heads) listing a bunch of times in the past few days when mainstream media (MSM) have had enough and started calling a spade a spade when talking to government officials. I would dearly love to have a functional Fourth Estate in this country again, because I believe that MSM still has a huge influence on the course of thought and political policy in the US. I'm just sickened that it took something of this magnitude to jolt them finally out of their passivity.
EDIT 9/8: As usual, Jon Stewart says it way more funny than I do, comparing MSM to a fat drunk in a NJ bar, stirred to sudden action.
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: Speech
- RELATED ENTRIES
- Who Made That Music?
- This is More Like Going Steady
- Counting E-Book Sales is a Dark Art
- Or You Could Double Down on Being an Idiot
- Results Not Typical
- What Do You Do When You Discover You're a Copyright Thief?
- A Difference between Content and Carrier
- Nintendo Rolls Out Terrible Deal for YouTubers