« Wal-Mart = Copyfighter? |
| When MSM Won't Comply, Control Them (or Beat Them Up) »
September 7, 2005
Waking the Sleeping Giant
Jack Shafer, Slate's editor at large, has a wonderful piece (The Rebellion of the Talking Heads) listing a bunch of times in the past few days when mainstream media (MSM) have had enough and started calling a spade a spade when talking to government officials. I would dearly love to have a functional Fourth Estate in this country again, because I believe that MSM still has a huge influence on the course of thought and political policy in the US. I'm just sickened that it took something of this magnitude to jolt them finally out of their passivity.
EDIT 9/8: As usual, Jon Stewart says it way more funny than I do, comparing MSM to a fat drunk in a NJ bar, stirred to sudden action.
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: Speech
- RELATED ENTRIES
- Oh and by the Way
- Tor Sees No Increase In Illegal Copies After One Year DRM-Free
- Free Publication on "Seismic Shift" in CA Copyright Law
- EFF Challenges Bad Patent Filings - But There's a Bigger Issue
- Video Game Development Game Ironic Piracy
- British Photo Copyright Orphans' Concern
- Mike Masnick Curb-Stomps Jaron Lanier
- Microsoft Appears Ready to Relent on Xbox DRM