« Until You're Ready for OpenCourseWare |
| Results 1 - 10 of about 1,490,000 for foot bandage »
September 29, 2005
POST A COMMENT
It's Not Like the Broadcast Flag - It's Worse
Gary Shapiro, head of the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA), speaking before a congressional committee on "Protecting Copyright and Innovation in the Post-Grokster World": "Right now the recording industry is approaching another Senate committee with a proposal to give the FCC broad power to impose design requirements on new digital radios. Unlike the TV 'broadcast flag,' the proposal from the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) is not aimed at mass, indiscriminate, anonymous distribution of content over the Internet. The RIAA digital radio proposal is aimed squarely at limiting noncommercial recording entirely within private homes and automobiles."
posted by |
- RELATED ENTRIES
- Stageit Helps Artists Play for Fans, for a Price
- Kickstarter to Pay the Musicians
- Shortening the Long Tail
- Washington Post Surprised by Obvious Actions
- Is Pop Music Holding You Hostage?
- Beasties, Toys, and Fair Use
- Contract Royalties Plummet, Concert Income Grows
- MSF to TPP: Stop Attacking Access to Lifesaving Medicines