« Just the Facts, M'am |
| The Horror...the Horror...the Horror »
November 4, 2005
POST A COMMENT
Who Holds the Liability Bag?
I am not a lawyer and so can't hazard much more than a guess, but wouldn't Sony be liable if someone's machine got cracked using the exploit that Sony/BMG installed? They might claim that the flaw lay in the original OS and not in their code, but I can't imagine Microsoft would let that claim stand. Certainly they'd be liable for contributory damages, even if not criminal penalties?
posted by Alan Wexelblat |
- RELATED ENTRIES
- Apple I Reaches CAFC
- Macmillan Pretends It Can Plug Analog Hole
- Pomplamoose is Still Making It
- Why Make the Secondary Market?
- Lexi Alexander vs the Copyright Cartel
- Digital Homicide Studio v Fair Use
- The Art of Asking for "The Art of Asking"
- Two Copyright-in-Gaming