« Move Creative for Great Justice! |
| U.Mich. Press Looking for Great Tech Writing »
March 16, 2006
Publish to the People Moves Forward
Back in December, I urged Copyfight readers to go participate in the effort by author Diane Duane to connect her desire to write a particular novel with the audience that wanted to see that novel come into being. Today I got a very pleasant letter from Ms. Duane indicating that many of you did go and vote and that the project is moving forward. Here's a bit more news.
The project has grown its own Web site (http://www.the-big-meow.com) so that the original Blogspot log can be used to discuss how the project is going, in best blog-introspective tradition. The novel itself is also taking shape, with Chapter 1 appearing a couple days ago. If you'd like to keep track of this as it goes along you can email firstname.lastname@example.org (put SUBSCRIBE in upper case in the Subject) to get onto a notification list.
I'm glad to see the project is getting started and it hope it turns out well for both the author and the readers. Like any new experiment there's always a significant risk of failure but without such experimentation we'll never get anywhere. Certainly the large publishing houses and the music Cartel aren't going to drive this bus.
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: IP Use
POST A COMMENT
- RELATED ENTRIES
- Sometimes Saying Nothing is Saying Something
- Europeans Make Really Stupid Copyright Decisions, Too
- Dogs Now Fight in Slightly Cleaner Pit (Thanks, Amazon)
- Future of Music Summit 2015 this October
- Licensing Doesn't Outlive Patents
- General Song Similarity Enough in the 4th
- Avoiding the Simple Binary
- Stupid Lawyer Tricks, Streisand Effect Edition