« Copyright vs Scholarship |
| But Do Watch The Video »
September 5, 2006
New Meaning of the Term "Artistic Engagement"
UK Prankster (or "guerilla artist" if you prefer) Banksy has swapped some of Paris Hilton's CDs with his own remixed gems, titled unsubtle things like "Why am I Famous?" and "What Have I Done?"
The swaps involved replacing physical platters in stores such as HMV and Virgin. HMV, in particular, appears to be taking quite a lenient view on what I suspect some others would call theft or vandalism. Their chosen spokesperson remarked that
"I guess you can give an individual such as Banksy a little bit of leeway for his own particular brand of artistic engagement."
P.S. If you recover one of these artistic gems I'll pay to have it shipped to me in the US.
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: Humor
POST A COMMENT
- RELATED ENTRIES
- That Sound You Hear is the Anti-Neutrality Dam Breaking
- Having (Mostly) Failed with Authors, Amazon Makes a Pitch for the Readers
- And No Kill Switches, Either
- Uncle Amazon Knows What's Best for You (and Itself)
- Muddying the Natural (Patent) Waters
- Congress Restores Bulk Unlock Rights
- When is a Game a Clone?