« Put A LittleSeratoninInMe |
| DVD Jon Does It Again »
October 24, 2006
Trustworthy, Loyal, Helpful, Brainwashed
It's really hard to top Techdirt's headline for this story: The Boy Scouts Now Have An MPAA Merit Badge In Misleading Arguments. If you're a Boy Scout in southern CA you can now get an "activity patch" (which is apparently different from a "merit badge") in such key survival techniques as identifying copied CDs, ratting out your friends for downloading, and sucking up to Hollywood. Yeesh. What ever happened to helping old ladies across streets? Cory Doctorow also had some choice words on the topic. Any connection between this activity and the large donations given by Hollywood to the Boy Scouts is purely coincidental. Really.
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: IP Abuse
POST A COMMENT
- RELATED ENTRIES
- Is There an Independent "Right of Performance"?
- Did the Director-General of WIPO Steal Employee DNA Samples?
- More Evidence People Don't Learn from the Past
- Phoenix (music) Supports Free Use
- Robo-Papers "Flooding" Academic Conferences
- Apple Appeals
- Who's Taking All That Money?
- Pointing the Troll Finger in the Correct Direction