« Put A LittleSeratoninInMe |
| DVD Jon Does It Again »
October 24, 2006
Trustworthy, Loyal, Helpful, Brainwashed
It's really hard to top Techdirt's headline for this story: The Boy Scouts Now Have An MPAA Merit Badge In Misleading Arguments. If you're a Boy Scout in southern CA you can now get an "activity patch" (which is apparently different from a "merit badge") in such key survival techniques as identifying copied CDs, ratting out your friends for downloading, and sucking up to Hollywood. Yeesh. What ever happened to helping old ladies across streets? Cory Doctorow also had some choice words on the topic. Any connection between this activity and the large donations given by Hollywood to the Boy Scouts is purely coincidental. Really.
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: IP Abuse
POST A COMMENT
- RELATED ENTRIES
- CBS to HBO: Wait for Us!
- Sometime Next Year, HBO Will Become Netflix
- OpenMedia vs the TPP
- CopyrightX 2015 (online course) Now Open
- College Students vs Rising Textbook Prices
- "Amazon is crowdsourcing their slush pile"
- Rule 84 and Patent Trolls
- Sports Continue to Tiptoe Away from Cable Monopolies