« Just Like Artists Can't... |
| QotD »
June 20, 2007
Another Sputtering Moron Joins the Jihad
I don't really have time to go into depths on the idiocy of NBC/Universal's comments to the FCC. Fortunately, we have Ken Fisher at Ars Technica to do it for us.
Fisher's posting dissects recent pronouncements by NBC general counsel Rick Cotton, who apparently feels that it's misguided for law enforcement and the FCC to focus on actual real crimes. Instead these public servants should be serving the interest of the corporate profit margin by focusing on (drumroll please) piracy!
Oh, and that silly net neutrality thing? That's not needed either. Just shut down all those pesky individual users and small sites - they're nothing but pirates anyway. Once they're shut down, net congestion will magically disappear and NBC will be free to shove its content down big empty pipes at all of us.
And of course, ISPs should all be joining ATT in its war on customers... err, pirates. Maybe if we say "piracy" often enough it'll drown out the hollow booming of empty heads making noise.
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: IP Markets and Monopolies
POST A COMMENT
- RELATED ENTRIES
- Is There an Independent "Right of Performance"?
- Did the Director-General of WIPO Steal Employee DNA Samples?
- More Evidence People Don't Learn from the Past
- Phoenix (music) Supports Free Use
- Robo-Papers "Flooding" Academic Conferences
- Apple Appeals
- Who's Taking All That Money?
- Pointing the Troll Finger in the Correct Direction