« Are Resales Killing Publishing? |
| Copyright Owners Contributing to the Destruction of Their Own Property »
January 2, 2009
Watchmen Judgment Posted
The PDF of Judge Feess' ruling on the motions for summary judgment by Fox and Warner Brothers can be found online.
I was surprised at how readable-to-a-layperson the document is. It appears that Fox's claim is nothing new, that an option for buying out Fox's rights existed for years and was never exercised, and finally contains a very interesting footnote on testimony not given and why a certain lawyer's advice may have been detrimental.
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: IP Use
POST A COMMENT
- RELATED ENTRIES
- Congress Restores Bulk Unlock Rights
- When is a Game a Clone?
- Subscription Services for Books
- Lest You Had Any Doubts, the ALA is on the Right Side Again
- Deadly Effects of Unaffordable Medicines (TPP)
- Planet Money on the Case Against Patents
- FMC + Musicians vs FCC on Net Neutrality
- Be the Potato Salad