« Are Resales Killing Publishing? |
| Copyright Owners Contributing to the Destruction of Their Own Property »
January 2, 2009
Watchmen Judgment Posted
The PDF of Judge Feess' ruling on the motions for summary judgment by Fox and Warner Brothers can be found online.
I was surprised at how readable-to-a-layperson the document is. It appears that Fox's claim is nothing new, that an option for buying out Fox's rights existed for years and was never exercised, and finally contains a very interesting footnote on testimony not given and why a certain lawyer's advice may have been detrimental.
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: IP Use
POST A COMMENT
- RELATED ENTRIES
- CBS to HBO: Wait for Us!
- Sometime Next Year, HBO Will Become Netflix
- OpenMedia vs the TPP
- CopyrightX 2015 (online course) Now Open
- College Students vs Rising Textbook Prices
- "Amazon is crowdsourcing their slush pile"
- Rule 84 and Patent Trolls
- Sports Continue to Tiptoe Away from Cable Monopolies