« Copyright Owners Contributing to the Destruction of Their Own Property |
| Clay Shirky Predicts Media for 2009 »
January 8, 2009
NiN Giving It Away
A friend of mine who's a fairly rabid Nine Inch Nails fan noted that Reznor has recently put out a lot of raw video footage from the current tour onto BitTorrent. This is in addition to anyone's ability to get a legal download of the entire new album just by visiting nin.com and giving a working email address.
Back in '07 (I have to stop writing 'last year' every time I go back into the archives) I noted that Reznor was urging people to "steal some more". My guess is that he got tired of waiting and wants to see what people will make with this material.
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: IP Use
POST A COMMENT
- RELATED ENTRIES
- Muddying the Natural (Patent) Waters
- Congress Restores Bulk Unlock Rights
- When is a Game a Clone?
- Subscription Services for Books
- Lest You Had Any Doubts, the ALA is on the Right Side Again
- Deadly Effects of Unaffordable Medicines (TPP)
- Planet Money on the Case Against Patents
- FMC + Musicians vs FCC on Net Neutrality