« Copyright Owners Contributing to the Destruction of Their Own Property |
| Clay Shirky Predicts Media for 2009 »
January 8, 2009
NiN Giving It Away
A friend of mine who's a fairly rabid Nine Inch Nails fan noted that Reznor has recently put out a lot of raw video footage from the current tour onto BitTorrent. This is in addition to anyone's ability to get a legal download of the entire new album just by visiting nin.com and giving a working email address.
Back in '07 (I have to stop writing 'last year' every time I go back into the archives) I noted that Reznor was urging people to "steal some more". My guess is that he got tired of waiting and wants to see what people will make with this material.
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: IP Use
POST A COMMENT
- RELATED ENTRIES
- Apple I Reaches CAFC
- Macmillan Pretends It Can Plug Analog Hole
- Pomplamoose is Still Making It
- Why Make the Secondary Market?
- Lexi Alexander vs the Copyright Cartel
- Digital Homicide Studio v Fair Use
- The Art of Asking for "The Art of Asking"
- Two Copyright-in-Gaming