« Copyright Owners Contributing to the Destruction of Their Own Property |
| Clay Shirky Predicts Media for 2009 »
January 8, 2009
NiN Giving It Away
A friend of mine who's a fairly rabid Nine Inch Nails fan noted that Reznor has recently put out a lot of raw video footage from the current tour onto BitTorrent. This is in addition to anyone's ability to get a legal download of the entire new album just by visiting nin.com and giving a working email address.
Back in '07 (I have to stop writing 'last year' every time I go back into the archives) I noted that Reznor was urging people to "steal some more". My guess is that he got tired of waiting and wants to see what people will make with this material.
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: IP Use
POST A COMMENT
- RELATED ENTRIES
- That Sound You Hear is the Anti-Neutrality Dam Breaking
- Having (Mostly) Failed with Authors, Amazon Makes a Pitch for the Readers
- And No Kill Switches, Either
- Uncle Amazon Knows What's Best for You (and Itself)
- Muddying the Natural (Patent) Waters
- Congress Restores Bulk Unlock Rights
- When is a Game a Clone?