« Copyright Owners Contributing to the Destruction of Their Own Property |
| Clay Shirky Predicts Media for 2009 »
January 8, 2009
NiN Giving It Away
A friend of mine who's a fairly rabid Nine Inch Nails fan noted that Reznor has recently put out a lot of raw video footage from the current tour onto BitTorrent. This is in addition to anyone's ability to get a legal download of the entire new album just by visiting nin.com and giving a working email address.
Back in '07 (I have to stop writing 'last year' every time I go back into the archives) I noted that Reznor was urging people to "steal some more". My guess is that he got tired of waiting and wants to see what people will make with this material.
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: IP Use
POST A COMMENT
- RELATED ENTRIES
- CBS to HBO: Wait for Us!
- Sometime Next Year, HBO Will Become Netflix
- OpenMedia vs the TPP
- CopyrightX 2015 (online course) Now Open
- College Students vs Rising Textbook Prices
- "Amazon is crowdsourcing their slush pile"
- Rule 84 and Patent Trolls
- Sports Continue to Tiptoe Away from Cable Monopolies