« First-Sale Doctrine Under Fire |
| Canadian Scientists Take Their Case to the Public »
October 20, 2010
Gene Simmons Has A Big Mouth
But then again, he'd need it to hold that much tongue. Except holding his tongue has never been his strong suit, has it.
The ex-KISS bassist has managed to get himself a personal Google headline
"Make sure your brand is protected," ... "Make sure there are no incursions. Be litigious. Sue everybody. Take their homes, their cars. Don't let anybody cross that line"
That, and some additional comments about "every fresh-faced, freckle-faced college kid who downloaded material"
has attracted the attention of Anonymous
who have responded by taking down a couple of Simmons-associated Web sites via DDOS attacks.
Audrey Waters noted for ReadWriteWeb that this is part of Anonymous' campaign targeting some of the most litigious "pay up or else" sites. Simmons' bluster about calling in the FBI and tracking down these crackers notwithstanding I get the feeling that this is really a tempest in a teapot.
Rich aged white rock dude makes stupid copyright lawsuit remarks, annoys people. See Metallica over in that old corner? Simmons can go sit with them. I don't expect any of them to catch on to the fact that suing your customers sucks as a marketing plan.
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: Speech
POST A COMMENT
- RELATED ENTRIES
- Oh and by the Way
- Tor Sees No Increase In Illegal Copies After One Year DRM-Free
- Free Publication on "Seismic Shift" in CA Copyright Law
- EFF Challenges Bad Patent Filings - But There's a Bigger Issue
- Video Game Development Game Ironic Piracy
- British Photo Copyright Orphans' Concern
- Mike Masnick Curb-Stomps Jaron Lanier
- Microsoft Appears Ready to Relent on Xbox DRM