« NHL Takes P.R. Lessons from Cartel |
| Borderlands Shared Universe Reappears, Shares a Bit More »
May 25, 2011
"The Power of Few" Calls on Power of Many
This is not exactly a remix - it's more of a 'choose your own ending' with a remix twist. According to Variety, the writer (and director) of the film, Leone Marucci, has invited people to write their own ending for the film.
In order to do this, raw footage, prerecorded audio tracks, the script, and editing tools on the film's Web site are being made available for online fans.
The result, called "Scene 64" in the contest, will be posted for voting and a popular fan choice will be incorporated into the film, with the remixer getting a screen credit. I haven't looked into the details yet - it's not clear if you can upload your own original elements or only use the bits already in the library. So it's probably not a full remix for the film itself, but the free availability of this content almost certainly guarantees that other remixes will be made.
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: IP Use
POST A COMMENT
- RELATED ENTRIES
- Is There an Independent "Right of Performance"?
- Did the Director-General of WIPO Steal Employee DNA Samples?
- More Evidence People Don't Learn from the Past
- Phoenix (music) Supports Free Use
- Robo-Papers "Flooding" Academic Conferences
- Apple Appeals
- Who's Taking All That Money?
- Pointing the Troll Finger in the Correct Direction