« Yes, Mark, But Exactly How? |
| Any Mac Users Out There? (OS X Lion Video DRM) »
August 8, 2011
Those People Looking For Me on Google+ Will Not Find Me
As of yesterday my profile on Google+ has been suspended. No warning was given (contrary to their written policy). I was suspended because I was participating in the "I am Spartacus" support effort.
If you were one of the readers who followed me there, I'm sorry. This blog and its standard RSS feed should continue to function just as well as before.
My suspension and Google's fight against 'nymity are not really Copyfight-relevant so I won't spend any more cycles here on it, but I do recommend you read what danah boyd has to say on this topic. In my opinion hers is hands-down the best commentary on this, from someone who has spent her career in the social networking area:
"Designing for Social Norms (or How Not to Create Angry Mobs)"
“Real Names” Policies Are an Abuse of Power
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: Announcements
POST A COMMENT
- RELATED ENTRIES
- A Smaller Piece of a Much Bigger Market
- Jim Hines' Writing Income
- Cory Doctorow Would Like You to Know About Downpour
- Too Many Words, Not Enough Readers
- Yeah, No Thanks Toast & Butter
- Apple I Reaches CAFC
- Macmillan Pretends It Can Plug Analog Hole
- Pomplamoose is Still Making It