« Yes, Mark, But Exactly How? |
| Any Mac Users Out There? (OS X Lion Video DRM) »
August 8, 2011
Those People Looking For Me on Google+ Will Not Find Me
As of yesterday my profile on Google+ has been suspended. No warning was given (contrary to their written policy). I was suspended because I was participating in the "I am Spartacus" support effort.
If you were one of the readers who followed me there, I'm sorry. This blog and its standard RSS feed should continue to function just as well as before.
My suspension and Google's fight against 'nymity are not really Copyfight-relevant so I won't spend any more cycles here on it, but I do recommend you read what danah boyd has to say on this topic. In my opinion hers is hands-down the best commentary on this, from someone who has spent her career in the social networking area:
"Designing for Social Norms (or How Not to Create Angry Mobs)"
“Real Names” Policies Are an Abuse of Power
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: Announcements
POST A COMMENT
- RELATED ENTRIES
- Does Sampling Promote Sales (the Girl Talk example)
- Who Knew There Was An Institute of Scrap Recycling Industries?
- Self-Publishing is Work
- The Day One Garry's Incident Incident
- Will Piracy Data Tell Us Anything?
- Creative Commons on Copyright Reform
- Is the Chinese (Corporate) Approach to IP Changing?
- Aereo Staves Off Preliminary Injunctions