« Big-Headed Dolls, Big Dollars Settlement |
| There's a(n Ebook) War Going On »
August 11, 2011
Cory at SIGGRAPH
SIGGRAPH (the ACM special interest group on graphics) invited Cory to give a Keynote address at their annual convention. This shindig is attended by some of the biggest names on the tech-creative side of Hollywood, in advertising businesses around the world, and hosts some of the neatest research you're likely to watch. Their video show is often a place where the most cutting edge techniques in animation, computer-aided cinematography, and related computer visual techniques such as motion capture are first shown in public.
Cory's address is of course fun to watch - he's very "on". He's also trying to get some of these great creative minds involved in the Copyright Wars in more than a rote fashion. More power to him for that.
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: Interesting People
POST A COMMENT
- RELATED ENTRIES
- Is There an Independent "Right of Performance"?
- Did the Director-General of WIPO Steal Employee DNA Samples?
- More Evidence People Don't Learn from the Past
- Phoenix (music) Supports Free Use
- Robo-Papers "Flooding" Academic Conferences
- Apple Appeals
- Who's Taking All That Money?
- Pointing the Troll Finger in the Correct Direction