« How to Get Self-Published, How To Get Loaned |
| Sharing is Awesome, Two Years In »
September 29, 2011
POST A COMMENT
CBLDF Takes Possession of CCA Seal
CBLDF (the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund) sent out an announcement saying that they have taken over the intellectual property - including design, merchandising, and promotion - rights around the Comics Code Authority Seal of Approval. This is mostly a free-speech and intellectual freedom story, as the rights were assigned from a defunct entity with little controversy. Still, it's important to remember that intellectual property can be wholly hijacked by the same governments that provide protections like patents and copyrights. If you're not familiar with the CCA Seal story, CBLDF have a very nice summary up on their site.
posted by Alan Wexelblat |
- RELATED ENTRIES
- CBS to HBO: Wait for Us!
- Sometime Next Year, HBO Will Become Netflix
- OpenMedia vs the TPP
- CopyrightX 2015 (online course) Now Open
- College Students vs Rising Textbook Prices
- "Amazon is crowdsourcing their slush pile"
- Rule 84 and Patent Trolls
- Sports Continue to Tiptoe Away from Cable Monopolies