« A Full (insider) View on E-Book Availability |
| C-11 Passes, Geist Retrospects »
June 14, 2012
POST A COMMENT
We Need New Government Models, Too
I talk a lot about the need for new business models that are realistic and sustainable in the digital-centric 21st century. Sadly, we're also in need of some serious updating of government policies and practices, too. David Kravets had a nice piece on WIRED yesterday profiling Judge Sofaer, a man of long judicial and prosecutorial experience. Sofaer has joined EFF in fighting the US DOJ's seizure of innocent peoples' content just because that content happened to be hosted on a Megaupload server. In the piece Sofaer notes that there are reasonable, well-tested procedures for handling things like seizures and criminal evidence that simply aren't being applied to digital cases.
posted by Alan Wexelblat |
- RELATED ENTRIES
- CBS to HBO: Wait for Us!
- Sometime Next Year, HBO Will Become Netflix
- OpenMedia vs the TPP
- CopyrightX 2015 (online course) Now Open
- College Students vs Rising Textbook Prices
- "Amazon is crowdsourcing their slush pile"
- Rule 84 and Patent Trolls
- Sports Continue to Tiptoe Away from Cable Monopolies