« A Full (insider) View on E-Book Availability |
| C-11 Passes, Geist Retrospects »
June 14, 2012
POST A COMMENT
We Need New Government Models, Too
I talk a lot about the need for new business models that are realistic and sustainable in the digital-centric 21st century. Sadly, we're also in need of some serious updating of government policies and practices, too. David Kravets had a nice piece on WIRED yesterday profiling Judge Sofaer, a man of long judicial and prosecutorial experience. Sofaer has joined EFF in fighting the US DOJ's seizure of innocent peoples' content just because that content happened to be hosted on a Megaupload server. In the piece Sofaer notes that there are reasonable, well-tested procedures for handling things like seizures and criminal evidence that simply aren't being applied to digital cases.
posted by Alan Wexelblat |
- RELATED ENTRIES
- Why Make the Secondary Market?
- Lexi Alexander vs the Copyright Cartel
- Digital Homicide Studio v Fair Use
- The Art of Asking for "The Art of Asking"
- Two Copyright-in-Gaming
- Molly Crabapple's 14 Rules
- Should Copyfight Publish Stories to Benefit Charity?
- Eleventh Upholds Case-by-Case Infringement Review Concept