« 16.9% vs 68.1% |
| Great Artists Steal, But Not From Me »
August 14, 2012
Gotye Remixes People Remixing Gotye
I haven't talked about remixes much lately because they've fully infiltrated the culture. I couldn't resist this one, though, because it's so delightfully meta.
I'm sure by now you've heard about a hundred different forms of Gotye's current hit "Somebody That I Used to Know." There's the five guys/one guitar version, and parodies of that. There are famous covers and infamous covers. There's even an artistically expressive ASL interpretation. And now gotyemusic has posted a remix of these interpretations and covers, called "Somebodies: A YouTube Orchestra." It's a wholly delightful production even if, like me, you're pretty tired of hearing the original. The Orchestra comes with links to all the originals that were used, and a frank admission that there are just too many out there already to fit.
Of all the possible reactions an artist could have to this level of YouTube response, this is one of the best I've seen.
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: Interesting People
POST A COMMENT
- RELATED ENTRIES
- Sometimes Saying Nothing is Saying Something
- Europeans Make Really Stupid Copyright Decisions, Too
- Dogs Now Fight in Slightly Cleaner Pit (Thanks, Amazon)
- Future of Music Summit 2015 this October
- Licensing Doesn't Outlive Patents
- General Song Similarity Enough in the 4th
- Avoiding the Simple Binary
- Stupid Lawyer Tricks, Streisand Effect Edition