« Is Streaming Music A Viable Business? For Whom? |
| In "Year Zero" Copyright Will Be Funny »
October 13, 2012
Upcoming Volokh Postings This Week
If you do not have The Volokh Conspiracy on your regular blogroll you might want to add them this week. Eugene Volokh just announced today that Kal Raustiala and Christopher Sprigman will be guest-blogging this coming week.
Raustiala and Sprigman are co-authors of a new book, The Knockoff Economy: How Imitation Sparks Innovation. Here's the teaser blurb:
Conventional wisdom holds that copying kills creativity, and that laws that protect against copies are essential to innovation–and economic success. But are copyrights and patents always necessary? In The Knockoff Economy, Kal Raustiala and Christopher Sprigman provocatively argue that creativity can not only survive in the face of copying, but can thrive.
Needless to say that's right up our alley. I'm not sure how much of this I'll be able to report on, so get it from the source if you can.
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: Interesting People
POST A COMMENT
- RELATED ENTRIES
- Is There an Independent "Right of Performance"?
- Did the Director-General of WIPO Steal Employee DNA Samples?
- More Evidence People Don't Learn from the Past
- Phoenix (music) Supports Free Use
- Robo-Papers "Flooding" Academic Conferences
- Apple Appeals
- Who's Taking All That Money?
- Pointing the Troll Finger in the Correct Direction