« Two Patent Cases from Sotomayor |
| Could Fandom "Fix" Copyright? »
May 11, 2014
Please Sign the Petition for James Risen
Risen's "crime" is attempting to protect his anonymous whistleblower source. The Obama adminstration - one of the most hostile in all of history toward whistleblowers - is arguing that Risen's case should not be heard by the Supreme Court because they fear that the Court will agree reporters should be allowed to have anonymous sources. FAIR has organized a petition on Risen's behalf, asking the Administration to drop its opposition to Risen's request to have his case heard before our nation's highest court
Please understand that this affects all of us: journalists and whistleblowers most directly, but also those of us in the public at large who benefit from having crimes and malfeasance exposed. Without the ability to be anonymous, and the ability to approach trusted journalists who can bring governmental and corporate misdeeds to our attention, we will all be worse off.
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: Speech
POST A COMMENT
- RELATED ENTRIES
- Why Make the Secondary Market?
- Lexi Alexander vs the Copyright Cartel
- Digital Homicide Studio v Fair Use
- The Art of Asking for "The Art of Asking"
- Two Copyright-in-Gaming
- Molly Crabapple's 14 Rules
- Should Copyfight Publish Stories to Benefit Charity?
- Eleventh Upholds Case-by-Case Infringement Review Concept